Hampton 蛋白结晶96孔板 LCP Lipidic Cubic Phase Screening
- Lipidic cubic phase crystallization
- UVP cover film (UV compatible)
- No cross contamination
- Membrane protein crystallization
- 6 mm diameter drop well area
- 0.1 mm (100 μm) deep drop well when LCP plate is sealed
- Maximum drop volume is 1.6 microliters per well
The Lipidic Cubic Phase Crystallization (LCP) plate facilitates the automation and increased throughput of LCP crystallization set-ups. This novel system enables LCP screening to be performed accurately and with ease – using manual – or automated systems to complete the delivery of the solutions.
Working with innovative scientists Professor Gebhard Schertler and Pat Edwards from the MRC laboratory in Cambridge, Swissci AG developed a new system for setting up LCP screens.
The Swissci LCP plate ensures crystallography set-up is fast, cost effective and robotically adaptable. In addition Ultra Violet light can be used with the glass / UVP polymers to visualize proteins without the light scattering associated with traditional polymeric solutions.
The LCP technique for crystallizing membrane proteins can be difficult and time-consuming to set up as it utilizes highly viscous lipid mesophases to reconstitute proteins. Swissci AG and MRC overcame these problems with the LCP plate. This product combines an easy to use sandwich system with dedicated coupling tapes and thin film UVP cover plates. It conforms to SBS standards and thus is perfect for modern automation applications where high throughput is required.
The Advantages of the LCP plate
• Ready to use the plate fits laboratory robotics and uses a Swissci unique polymer to ensure UV visualization is not compromised by polarization.
• Easy sealing with dry tabbed adhesive tape exposure and thin UVP cover film. Included in the kit is a plate leveling device to ensure the cover is perfectly adhered to the bottom LCP plate.
• No cross contamination and SBS standard.
• Unique low tack plate security allows for the sandwich plate to be removed from the base plate when required – in-situ x-ray data collection and structure determination is then enabled.
Here’s a description of the LCP plate from bottom to top. a) An SBS standard base plate frame support. b) 0.7 mm thick UVP plastic slide drop support containing all 96 drop wells with 0.1 mm thick layer of low tack sealant (no sealant in drop area). Flat, circular, 6 mm diameter drop wells to contain the LCP, sample and reagent. c) Removable brown/tan paper protects sealant until plate is ready to use. d) 0.1 mm thick UVP sealing film. e) Removable protective dust cover. The kit is completed with a Swissci plate leveling device.
To use the LCP plate, pipette LCP, sample and reagent into the 96 drop wells. Peel back and remove the brown/tan paper to expose the adhesive. Place the sealing film onto the LCP plate. Remove the protective film for viewing.
Maximum drop volume is 1.6 microliters per well.
|HR3-186||Lipidic Cubic Phase Screening Kit||20 plate case|